ASN Society News - October 2012
Search - ASN Education Director for Maintenance of Certification™ (MOC)
Earlier this year, the ASN Council finalized a new strategy to help the society's members participate in the American Board of Internal Medicine's maintenance of certification (MOC) program. The ASN vision for MOC will "enhance the ability of members and other professionals to provide 'the highest quality care for patients' through activities developed for continuous practice improvement."
To realize this vision, the council also approved a new educational leadership position: ASN Education Director for Maintenance of Certification (MOC). The Education Director for MOC will oversee the MOC activities of the society, providing direction, oversight, and input. The complete position description is below. A stipend position, the ASN Education Director for MOC will be evaluated annually by the ASN Education Committee.
To apply for this position, please send an email message of interest to email@example.com with the subject line: ASN Education Director for MOC. Attach a copy of your current CV and complete or update your financial and other relationships disclosure at http://www.asn-online.org/myasn/disclosure-form.aspx. Preference will be given to those applicants who have recently completed or are currently enrolled in the MOC process.
ASN will accept applications for the new position until Wednesday, November 7, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. EST.
ASN Education Director for MOC
Term: The term for this position is three (3) years commencing on January 1, 2013, until December 31, 2015, and may be renewed for one additional three- (3) year term.
- Support ASN mission and strategic plan/goals.
- Implement ASN MOC strategy.
- Provide leadership for the Society in all matters related to MOC.
- Ensure the quality and appropriateness of all MOC services and products, such as the Nephrology Self-Assessment Program (NephSAP).
- Develop and recommend editorial, accreditation, and quality improvement policies and procedures for MOC services and products, such as NephSAP.
- Contribute to, author, or produce MOC services and products, such as NephSAP.
- Oversee deputy director(s)/committee chair(s) identification and selection.
- Provide direction and guidance for the development of MOC services and products, such as NephSAP.
- Ensure that deadlines are met and activities are carried out in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Arbitrate issues and serve as the final authority for MOC services and products.
- Work with and support staff to ensure MOC services and products enhances member competence.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-640-4651 with questions or for additional information.