Ben J. Lipps Research Fellowship Program
- Funds 10 new and 10 continuing fellows annually.
- Distributes $50,000 a year per fellow for two years to conduct original, meritorious research projects.
The Ben J. Lipps Research Fellowship Program funds 10 fellows at $50,000 a year for up to two years to conduct original, meritorious research projects including:
Five Ben J. Lipps Research Fellows*
- named for Fresenius Medical Care's CEO and Chairman of the Management Board (1999 – 2012)
One Sharon Anderson Research Fellow*
- named by the American Society of Nephrology for ASN's first female president
One Joseph A. Carlucci Research Fellow*
- named by the American Renal Patient Care Foundation, Inc. for the Chairman and CEO of American Renal Associates
One Jared J. Grantham Research Fellow*
- named by the PKD Foundation and the American Society of Nephrology for the co-founder of the PKD Foundation and the founding Editor-in-Chief of JASN
One Dimitrios G. Oreopoulos Research Fellow
- named by Baxter in honor of a physician, researcher, and pioneer in peritoneal dialysis innovation
One George B. Rathmann Research Fellow
- named by Amgen in honor of its founding CEO
One Donald E. Wesson Research Fellow*
- named by the American Society of Nephrology for a leading clinician, researcher, educator, and mentor
One ASN Foundation for Kidney Research Fellow*
*will be funded in 2016
For eligibility requirements or to apply for a research fellowship, click here.