Board Review Course & Update
Search Open – ASN Education Co-Director for Board Review Course and Update
ASN announces a search for an Education Co-Director for Board Review Course and Update (BRCU). Working with the second co-director, the education co-director serves the Society by planning and facilitating ASN’s premier board review course and update. The co-directors develop both the live and enduring versions of BRCU. This position receives a yearly stipend and, on an annual basis, the education committee will evaluate the performance of each co-director. Term is for 3 (three) years commencing January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2017. Preference will be given to those applicants who have recently completed or are currently enrolled in the maintenance of certification process. ASN supports diversity at all levels of leadership and encourages applicants with a broad range of expertise, and ethnic and gender diversity to apply.
To apply for this position, please send an email message of interest to email@example.com with the subject line: ASN Education Co-Director for BRCU. Attach a copy of your current CV and complete or update your financial and other relationships disclosure at https://www.asn-online.org/myasn/disclosure-form.aspx. ASN will acknowledge your application promptly.
ASN will accept applications until 4:00 p.m. EST on Monday, December 23, 2013.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-640-4651 with questions or for additional information.
ASN Education Co-Directors for Board Review Course and Update
The ASN Board Review Course and Update (BRCU) has two co-directors who plan and implement the live and enduring BRCU. Reporting to the ASN Education Committee, the co-directors serve two- to three-year terms, renewable for one additional term. On an annual basis, the education committee will evaluate the performance of each co-director.
In developing the annual BRCU, the co-directors will address the ASN Strategic Plan and educational goals as approved by the ASN Council.
Education Co-Directors for BRCU
- Recommend program and instructional design changes to the BRCU structure to enhance individual learning and address the learning styles and demands of the participant.
- Oversee faculty selection, recruitment, and syllabus preparation. Careful attention should be paid to providing the best faculty while revitalizing faculty selections on an ongoing basis. Co-directors will support diversity in faculty selection encouraging ethnic and gender diversity. Working with ASN staff, BRCU co-directors are responsible to assure that all materials are ready on time and with outstanding quality.
- Work with the moderators of the day to be responsible for the flow of daily sessions and
respond to the audience’s needs and concerns. Attention should be paid to providing innovative approaches to assure audience active participation.
- Review slides and other materials to assure the absence of conflict of interest. In the event of a personal conflict of interest, those specific sessions will be reviewed by the other co-director.
- Work to extend hospitality and recognition to the BRCU faculty.
- Attend and serve as Course Co-chair at the live annual presentation of BRCU.
- Oversee the enduring materials from the course, including the development of high quality electronic products with simultaneous audio and visual coordination obtained as a download through the ASN website. Special attention must be paid to including and editing audience questions and faculty responses to assure that all sessions enhance the overall product value.
- Ensure compliance with all Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) essentials and criteria as well as the Standards for Commercial Support: Standards to ensure independence in CME activities.
- Work with ASN staff and the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) to develop Maintenance of Certification (MOC) questions and answers derived from the faculty but refined into high-quality materials acceptable to ABIM. Develop a system for these questions to be answerable online with correct answer/immediate feedback returned to the test taker (if applicable).
- Work with ASN staff to develop hard copy and electronic formats of the syllabus (if appropriate).
- Participate as an ex-officio member of the ASN Education Committee during the term of appointment.
Conflict of Interest
The two co-directors must declare all financial and other relationships in accordance with ASN Policy on Conflicts of Interest (COI) prior to being hired and on an annual basis. The co-directors’ disclosures will be reviewed in accordance with all ASN COI policies and procedures currently in effect for identification and resolution of any real or perceived conflict(s) of interest.
Co-directors and moderators of the day may participate in other board review courses or their equivalent without conflict of interest if those activities occur 30 days prior to or after the ASN BRCU live course.