Kidney STARS (Students and Residents) Application
Application Deadline: July 20, 2016 at 2 pm EDT.
The goal of ASN Kidney STARS program is to stimulate interest in nephrology careers by targeting medical students, residents, and graduate students with an interest in nephrology but have not yet committed to applying to a fellowship.
In addition to tailored events and networking opportunities, this program provides $800 in travel support, complimentary registration to attend the ASN Annual Meeting at Kidney Week, in Chicago, IL, and complimentary membership to the society.
Schedule of Events
The ASN Kidney STARS program dates are Thursday, November 17 – Sunday, November 20, 2016. Program highlights include a welcome networking breakfast, a Q & A panel with nephrology experts, a guided tour of innovative research abstracts, and a lunch with nephrology leaders and mentors. In addition, all accepted participants are matched into small groups led by a faculty and fellow mentor. It is mandatory that participants attend all events related to the ASN Kidney STARS program in addition to the ASN Annual Meeting.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must be:
- A medical student, graduate student, resident, or postdoctoral fellow within the first year of training in good standing.
- Enrolled in an accredited program, be a graduate student who has passed his/her qualifying exam (or candidacy exam) and enrolled in an accredited university, or a postdoctoral fellow within their first year of training.
- Interested in pursuing nephrology as a specialty, but not yet decided.
- Able to attend the entire meeting and all program events.
- Able to provide a CV and an institutional letter verifying status.
To apply, a candidate must:
- Create a free ASN account and log into the application.
- Complete applicant information, demographics, training level, etc.
- Complete a 200 word essay.
- Upload a CV and provide a letter from the applicant's institution verifying current status. The verification letter must be on institutional letterhead and signed by an official or faculty member. For graduate students, the letter must also confirm the student has passed their qualify exam. The CV and verification letter should be combined into one document for upload.
- Click submit.
Applications received without CVs and institutional verification letters will not be processed.
Deadline: All online applications must be completed by no later than Wednesday, July 20, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
All applicants will be notified within six weeks of the application deadline.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.