Distinguished Leader Award
- Has sustained achievements in leadership and advanced ASN's mission to "lead the fight against kidney disease by educating health professionals, sharing new knowledge, advancing research, and advocating the highest quality of care for patients."
- Recognizes leadership in any number of areas of medicine, including clinical, educational, research, or administrative efforts.
ASN's Midcareer Awards recognize midcareer clinicians, educators, health professionals, and researchers.
Nominations open Monday, February 14, 2022. To nominate a candidate, submit one letter of nomination and the nominee's curriculum vitae (CV) to ASN Operations Coordinator Molly Harrison at email@example.com by Friday, March 18, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
- ASN can only accept one nomination letter per candidate, and these letters are limited to 10 total signatories included in the letter (not sent separately). .
- ASN will NOT consider nominations submitted in previous years. If you wish to renominate a candidate, please submit a new nomination letter and an updated CV.
- Current ASN Councilors and members of the selection committee may not nominate a candidate nor co-sign a letter of nomination.
- ASN active, corresponding, and affiliate members are eligible for consideration for the society’s awards.
- ASN is committed to increasing diversity – including age, experience, race, ethnicity, and gender – at all levels of the society, including ASN’s awards.
- Between 10 and 20 years from completion of nephrology training or
- Persons at the assistant or associate professor level (or equivalent rank in nonacademic institutions) or
- With at least 10 years' experience after completing nephrology training.
- A 12-month extension will be considered per childbirth during the 10 to 20-year timeframe. Women, men, and those who adopt are eligible for the extension. To be considered for an extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Active, Corresponding, and Affiliate members are eligible for these awards.
- 2022 Kirk N. Campbell, MD, FASN
- 2022 Elke Schaeffner, MD, MS
- 2022 Suzanne Watnick, MD, FASN
- 2021 Cynthia Delgado, MD, FASN
- 2021 Sylvia E. Rosas, MD, MS, FASN
- 2021 Michael J. Ross, MD, FASN
- 2020 Holly J. Kramer, MD, MPH
- 2020 Kathleen D. Liu, MD, PhD, FASN
- 2019 Deidra C. Crews, MD, MS, FASN
- 2019 Daniel E. Weiner, MD, MS, FASN
ASN defines midcareer professionals as the following: