Distinguished Researcher Award
- Recognizes individuals who have made substantial research contributions to the discipline of nephrology.
- Displays innovation and excellence in research to advance the science and/or practice of nephrology.
ASN's Midcareer Awards recognize midcareer clinicians, educators, health professionals, and researchers.
Nominations open Monday, February 14, 2022. To nominate a candidate, submit one letter of nomination and the nominee's curriculum vitae (CV) to ASN Operations Coordinator Molly Harrison at email@example.com by Friday, March 18, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
- ASN can only accept one nomination letter per candidate, and these letters are limited to 10 total signatories included in the letter (not sent separately). .
- ASN will NOT consider nominations submitted in previous years. If you wish to renominate a candidate, please submit a new nomination letter and an updated CV.
- Current ASN Councilors and members of the selection committee may not nominate a candidate nor co-sign a letter of nomination.
- ASN active, corresponding, and affiliate members are eligible for consideration for the society’s awards.
- ASN is committed to increasing diversity – including age, experience, race, ethnicity, and gender – at all levels of the society, including ASN’s awards.
- Between 10 and 20 years from completion of nephrology training or
- Persons at the assistant or associate professor level (or equivalent rank in nonacademic institutions) or
- With at least 10 years' experience after completing nephrology training.
- A 12-month extension will be considered per childbirth during the 10 to 20-year timeframe. Women, men, and those who adopt are eligible for the extension. To be considered for an extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Active, Corresponding, and Affiliate members are eligible for these awards.
- 2022 Peter P. Reese, MD, PhD
- 2022 Alexander Staruschenko, PhD, FASN
- 2021 Jodie L. Babitt, MD
- 2021 Steven G. Coca, DO, MS
- 2020 Nisha Bansal, MD, FASN
- 2020 Lesley Ann Inker, MD, MS
- 2020 Shuta Ishibe, MD
- 2019 Laurence H. Beck, Jr., MD, PhD
- 2019 David Cherney, MD, PhD
ASN defines midcareer professionals as the following: