Donald W. Seldin Young Investigator Award
The Donald W. Seldin Young Investigator Award is presented annually to an individual with an outstanding record of achievement and creativity in basic or patient-oriented research related to the functions and diseases of the kidney. This award is co-sponsored by the American Society of Nephrology and the Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease of the American Heart Association and is limited to individuals who are age 45 or younger on December 31 of the year during which the award is presented.
The award consists of a certificate of recognition, an unrestricted grant to the laboratory of the awardee, and paid travel expenses to the meeting. The Donald W. Seldin Young Investigator Award recipient also gives a presentation during the plenary session at the annual meeting.
Lifetime Achievement Awards: Now Accepting Nominations
Deadlines and Criteria
These awards recognize individuals who have made great strides in kidney care, research, and education; and whose contributions have greatly impacted the field.
To nominate a candidate, submit one letter of nomination and the nominee's curriculum vitae (CV) to ASN Operations Associate, Javier Rivera, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2020.
- ASN can only accept one nomination letter per candidate; however, the letter may have multiple signatories.
- ASN will NOT consider nominations submitted in previous years. If you wish to renominate a candidate, please submit a new nomination letter and an updated CV.
- ASN active, corresponding, and affiliate members are eligible for consideration for the society's awards.
- The ASN Strategic Plan establishes the goal to increase diversity - including age, experience, ethnicity, and gender - at all levels of the society, including ASN's awards.
Take advantage of the opportunity to recognize a colleague for his or her work toward a world without kidney diseases!
- 2019 Samir M. Parikh, MD, FASN
- 2018 Morgan Grams, MD, PhD
- 2017 Chirag R. Parikh, MD, PhD, FASN
- 2016 Amit X. Garg, MD, PhD
- 2015 Janos Peti-Peterdi, MD, PhD
- 2014 Myles Wolf, MD
- 2013 Jeremy Stuart Duffield, MBChB, MD, PhD
- 2012 Tobias B. Huber, MD, FASN
- 2011 Katalin Susztak, MD, PhD
- 2010 Nicholas Katsanis, PhD
- 2009 Matthias Kretzler, MD
- 2008 S. Ananth Karumanchi, MD
- 2007 Michelle P. Winn, MD
- 2006 Thomas Benzing, MD, FASN
- 2005 Raghu Kalluri, MD, PhD, FASN
- 2004 Jeffrey H. Miner, PhD, FASN
- 2003 Peter H. Mundel, MD
- 2002 Fadi G. Lakkis, MD
- 2001 Fiona E. Karet, MBBS, PhD
- 2000 Jing Zhou, MD, PhD, FASN
- 1999 Sanjay K. Nigam, MD
- 1998 Michael J. Caplan, MD, PhD
- 1997 Benjamin L. Margolis, MD
- 1996 Laurence A. Turka, MD
- 1995 Robert A. Star, MD
- 1994 Richard J. Johnson, MD
- 1993 Alan S. Verkman, MD, PhD
- 1992 Stephen L. Gluck, MD
- 1991 Stephen T. Reeders, MD
- 1990 Alan M. Krensky, MD
- 1989 Rajiv Kumar, MBBS, FASN
- 1988 Martin G. Cogan, MD
- 1987 Eric G. Neilson, MD, FASN
- 1986 Walter F. Boron, MD, PhD
- 1985 Peter S. Aronson, MD, FASN