Senior Project Manager, Research, Discovery, and Innovation
Posted: February 24, 2020
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)--which represents over 21,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney disease--is seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager to manage projects and other activities aimed at advancing innovative therapies, diagnostics and products for people around the globe living with kidney disease.
The newly created Research, Discovery, and Innovation team brings together two successful existing programs within ASN. The Kidney Health Initiative is a public-private partnership between ASN, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), patients, and industry that catalyzes innovation and the development of safe and effective patient-centered therapies. KidneyX is a public-private partnership between ASN and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that accelerates break-through therapies via prize competitions. The Senior Project Manager will initiate and manage programs across both programs, as well as new projects and initiatives that will likely arise within Research, Discovery, and Innovation. The work will involve working closely with external stakeholders, including physicians, scientists, people with kidney disease, government leaders, industry representatives and others to achieve project and program goals.
The ideal candidate will think critically and creatively and be comfortable interacting with all ASN stakeholders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and monitoring project plans, and identifying areas of concern, including project delays, for discussion, problem-solving and mediation
- Proactively supporting workgroups and committees, including developing meeting schedules, creating agendas and content for meeting discussions, collaborating with and supporting workgroup and committee chairs, and conducting follow up to ensure projects move smoothly
- Tracking important key financial information and creating and staying on a budget
- Addressing unexpected events and problem-solving to remain on-schedule
- Preparing, managing, and moderating in-person meetings
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications staff to develop content for websites, updates to ASN members, reports, press releases, and journal articles
- Thinking creatively about synergistic opportunities to share and implement ideas that arise from existing work to inform new ways for Research, Discovery, and Innovation meet its mission
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; master's degree a plus
- 5+ years of job experience, preferably in a health or science setting, including experience managing projects from start to finish
- Ability to build relationships with people of various backgrounds and education levels
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; writes clearly and concisely using correct grammar and spelling
- Ability to work independently or jointly with others to complete activities, tasks, and projects in a professional manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required; knowledge of project management software desired
The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude, and an ability to work well within a team.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Senior Project Manager to ASN at email@example.com). Please note: ASN can only accept online applications for this position.