Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact
Posted: October 22, 2020
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents over 21,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney disease—seeks a full-time Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact.
The ASN Associate Director will help lead a new department encompassing marketing, communications and data science. This department will employ evidence-based decision making as well as a strong creative focus to advance the mission and goals of ASN, reflect the tremendous changes occurring in nephrology practice, research and education, expand existing audiences and build new audiences for a field experiencing dynamic growth and change.
- Develop and lead external marketing efforts to advance the reputation and reach of the ASN Alliance for Kidney Health.
- Help ensure the work of the Data Science and Public Impact center advances mission, goals and programs of the ASN Alliance.
- Expand visibility and impact of individual ASN Alliance programs, such as educational, publishing, and policy initiatives.
- Supervise staff involved with promoting ASN Alliance initiatives.
- (Identify and build relationships that should be created/developed to enhance visibility with target audiences.
- Create and implement mapping and segmentation strategies, trend analyses, and custom reporting/querying that support strategic dissemination of material.
- Develop and execute ASN's brand, marketing strategy, and branding guidelines.
- Oversee editorial direction, content, design, production, and distribution of promotional material. Write and edit material as needed.
- Help the ASN Alliance maintain a consistent organizational voice and message.
- Support a service-oriented approach to working with other ASN departments to identify marketing goals and develop strategic, effective campaigns that include reporting of performance metrics.
- Remain current with emerging technologies, integrating technological upgrades as appropriate.
- Apply critical and creative thinking to every aspect of the center's portfolio and how it relates to the ASN Alliance.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of success including strong leadership skills.
- A minimum of five years' proven success supervising staff at various levels, and a track record of advancing professional development on staff teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and modify strategic marketing plans that support complex organizations, and proven success overseeing market research, assessment, and analysis.
- Experience using Association Management System (AMS) software, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Membership lifecycle tracking, and an understanding of high-level AMS integrations with key partner systems, including broadcast email platform.
- Superb oral and written communication, project management and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with science and medicine and the non-profit environment, including mission-based marketing.
- Proven success facilitating and managing excellent working relationships with volunteers and external partners.
- Experience conducting/overseeing relevant market research.
- The ability to direct multiple projects and lead teams that work across departments.
- Willingness to make difficult decisions when needed to ensure the success of organizational priorities.
- Experience directing projects that rely on internal staff and external experts.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.