Posted: November 17, 2020
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents 21,000 kidney healthcare professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases—seeks a full-time Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator/Specialist. This position resides in the Education Department and reports to Senior Program Manager for Self-Assessment.
The Education Department supports ASN's continuing education (CE) mission by providing scientifically rigorous, evidence-based educational activities to close the knowledge and/or performance-in-practice gaps of kidney professionals regarding quality, person-centered health care.
ASN is implementing a new Learning Management System to provide a one-stop shop for everything related to educational activities and records at ASN. The LMS Administrator/Speicalist is responsible for supporting the initial implementation/configuration, ongoing maintenance/configuration, and coordination with related, integrated technologies – with the learner experience as the top priority.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage the LMS learner experience, infrastructure, and functionality.
- Coordinate with ASN education staff to deploy or update course structures, course catalog pages, and related assets/objects in ASN's LMS.
- Collaborate with ASN education staff regarding course publication methods and standards, as well as management of product lifecycle and course version control (base versions of courses and archives).
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) detailing core LMS functionality and operability.
- Manage user roles for ASN education staff and volunteers.
- Ensure data integrity in reports generated in the LMS.
- Coordinate with vendors and ASN education staff on development efforts and/or system upgrades.
Quality Assurance & Technical Support
- Perform regular LMS quality assurance checks to ensure proper system functionality, course deployment, testing, and data communication in the development and live environments.
- Respond to technical support requests and/or determine when to escalate issues. Collaborate with ASN education staff to research and resolve issues related to the LMS reported by learners, vendor(s), or other sources.
- Collaborate with ASN IT staff and LMS vendor to implement and manage various data integrations.
- Create, manage, and enforce LMS content publication standards including, but not limited to, course nomenclature (naming conventions, character limits, etc.), process adherence, user permissions and role designation.
- Streamline technical processes and build efficiency in workflows and the delivery of educational content.
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate LMS training for ASN staff and learners.
- Serve as backup for KSAP and nephSAP platforms and processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your own professional development by remaining updated with the field of e-learning, instructional design best practices and mobile-learning technologies.
- Stay abreast of technical developments with Joint Accreditation.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years' experience administering LMS platforms; experience supporting LMS integrations with an AMS or HRIS a plus.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience providing internal- and external-facing technical support.
- Strong analytical skills; willingness to learn new technologies and possess a passion for solving technical problems.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms and document business processes.
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including learners, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative, and manage multiple projects on time and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of user interface optimization and user-experience design principles.
- Knowledge of best practices in instructional systems design for online learning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: LMS Administrator/Specialist) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.