Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager
Posted: November 17, 2020
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents more than 21,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases—seeks a full-time Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director of Leadership Development and Culture Change, the DEI Manager helps lead the administration, implementation, and expansion of ASN's initiatives geared towards diversity, equity, and inclusion in kidney medicine.
- Work with ASN volunteers and staff to oversee the management and implementation of society's efforts to address systemic racism in kidney medicine. Responsibilities include: prioritizing short-, mid-, and long-terms goals within ASN and in the kidney community; developing evaluation plans and metrics of success; working with all entities in the ASN Alliance for Kidney Health to ensure that the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion are woven into the fabric of the organization.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for the ASN Health Disparities Committee. The committee is charged with expanding the emphasis from delivering medical care to improving the overall health of the entire population, particularly for people at risk for kidney diseases; addressing health disparities and social determinants of health, particularly for people at risk for kidney diseases; and confronting the combined significance of high-profile acts of racism and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Work with ASN volunteers and staff to implement the ASN Loan Mitigation Pilot Program. Responsibilities include: supporting the subcommittee, communicating regularly with program contacts and participants, processing applications, meeting deadlines, and coordinating with other staff on activity-related needs (including marketing, website management, and finances).
- Provide support for other workforce and training; career advancement; and diversity, equity, and inclusion activities as needed.
- Address external inquiries regarding all assigned activities in a timely manner.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and is not considered all inclusive.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years of administrative and project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases).
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Superb organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Certified project manager.
- Experience working with volunteer leaders, particularly physicians.
- Nonprofit/association experience, particularly medical/healthcare.
- Experience using Abila netFORUM.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.