Program Associate of Research, Discovery, and Innovation
Posted: February 17, 2021
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents over 21,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney disease—seeks a full-time Program Associate of Research, Discovery, and Innovation (RDI).
The RDI Program Associate provides day-to-day support to project leads within a new department at the ASN Alliance for Kidney Health. Reporting to the RDI Director, the Program Associate is primarily responsible for back office operational and logistical support. RDI's current portfolio includes two large multi-million-dollar public private partnerships, KidneyX and the Kidney Health Initiative (KHI), both with missions to advance innovations for people with kidney diseases.
- Collaborates with the RDI Director and Program Staff to implement and update tools that monitor progress of department, program, and project-level goals. (55%)
- Participates in project-level meetings between RDI staff and with external experts by preparing meeting materials and recording minutes of the discussion.
- Updates portfolio management tools that track project-level technical progress, in collaboration with the RDI Administrative Associate responsible for financial tracking.
- Supports operational and logistical needs of project leads.
- Collaborates with RDI Program Staff and relevant Co-chairs to prepare meeting materials and record minutes for the KidneyX Steering Committee, KHI Board of Directors, and associated subgroups. (10%)
- Supports the planning and execution of webinars and other virtual workshops hosted by RDI Programs. (15%)
- Updates KHI and KidneyX websites as needed. Collaborates with ASN Data Science and Public Impact department on RDI outreach and communication requests to external ASN communities. (20%)
Skills and Experience
- Experience planning and coordinating workshops and seminars, particularly those held in a virtual and web-based format.
- Experience with HTML or other website management software strongly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal staff, external experts, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail for developing and disseminating meeting materials in a timely fashion, including pre-meeting background documents as well as minutes and discussion notes highlighting critical action items and decisions.
- Strong organizational skills reflecting ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks across and within teams seamlessly.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to be effective independently.
- Passion for project management within the scientific and medical sectors.
- Bachelor's or other advanced degree with 3+ years of equivalent experience.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive package of fringe benefits.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Program Associate of Research, Discovery, and Innovation) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.