Information Technology Specialist
Posted: March 10, 2021
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)— which represents more than 20,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to creating a world without kidney diseases—seeks a fulltime Information Technology Specialist. Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, the Information Technology Specialist (Specialist) will be responsible for customer service and provide technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. The Specialist will solve basic technical issues and provide support for ASN staff and members while maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
Professional Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 1-3 years working in a technical, help desk, or information services position. Experience in non-profit or education industry helpful.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Understanding of Windows-based networks in an office environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Intermediate knowledge of MacOS Operating system.
- Intermediate knowledge of iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office and Adobe productivity software.
- Experience with HTML, and/or website development a plus.
- Experience with SQL and/or database management a plus.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, as well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Provide support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues.
- Manage all workstation setup, including computer, phone, and peripherals.
- Deploy all workstation software, and monitor and deploy critical updates.
- Manage VoIP phone system, including user administration.
- Perform workstation security audits and maintenance.
- Oversee all IT hardware inventory and make purchases for new equipment.
- Manage multiple cloud software platforms and user administration.
- Coordinate service and maintenance for IT equipment.
- Assist with Association Management System (AMS) support requests and report generation.
- Assist with report generation and data mining using several analytics platforms.
- Train other staff on using equipment, software, AMS, and security best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Information Technology Specialist) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.