Posted: March 10, 2021
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)— which represents more than 20,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to creating a world without kidney diseases—seeks a fulltime Data Specialist. Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, the Data Specialist (Specialist) will be responsible for managing the Association Management System (AMS) software and database, as well as collecting, organizing, and analyzing data from several different information systems. The Specialist will solve basic data management issues and provide support for ASN staff and members while maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
Professional Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 3-7 years working in a technical, database administration, or information services position. Experience in non-profit or education industry helpful.
- 2+ years working with Abila netFORUM AMS Software.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex data-related problems.
- Advanced knowledge of netFORUM AMS software.
- Intermediate command of SQL and database administration.
- Experience working with SQL Server via SSMS and other tools.
- Basic understanding of web services using SOAP, REST.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Familiarity with database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Understanding of Windows-based networks in an office environment.
- Experience with HTML, and/or website development a plus.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, as well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Maintain netFORUM, ASN's AMS system and underlying database, to include system upgrades. Work directly with the vendor for proper functionality, support, and to enhance features.
- Collaborate with staff to develop custom queries, reports, and customizations to meet business needs.
- Serve as technical point of contact for third-party netFORUM integrations.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvements and optimization of netFORUM.
- Train staff on the usability and functionality of netFORUM, including introducing new features.
- Administer several web-based analytics systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Data Specialist) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.