Posted: March 22, 2021
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) – represents over 21,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases – seeks a full-time Meetings Coordinator.
Reporting to the ASN Director of Meetings and Member Experience, the Meetings Coordinator will work with the ASN Education Team to manage and administer the live educational activities sponsored by ASN, including Kidney Week®, ASN's annual meeting and the largest gathering of kidney professionals in the world, which may also include digital components.
- Highly skilled and proficient within in the meeting/event planning discipline.
- Supports various complex projects, demonstrates ability to create and monitor budgets.
- Create and analyzes informational, statistical, and financial reports.
- Manages meetings independently from initial meeting with internal staff through RFP and contract, logistical planning, execution, and wrap up.
- Maintain databases of meeting information, files, and records.
- Respond to telephone and email requests with excellent customer service.
- Coordinate housing and registration processes for various meetings, including Kidney Week.
- Schedule and assign affiliate functions for Kidney Week and manage the ancillary process.
- Assist with specifications and logistical requirements for Kidney Week and other meetings.
- Assist with digital/virtual elements for Kidney Week and other meetings as necessary.
- Research, analyze and provide recommendations on selected partners and prepare and negotiate contracts.
- Create and maintain relationships with vendors and partners as assigned.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
- Some travel required.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years of professional meeting planning experience with demonstrated experience handling complex meetings with multiple components.
- Strong technology skills including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and Adobe products.
- Ability to learn new software and processes.
- Preferred experience in digital/virtual events planning and execution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or jointly with others to complete activities, tasks, and projects in a professional manner, responsible for daily processes and procedures with minimal oversight.
- Strong organizational skills reflecting ability to perform and prioritize multiple overlapping tasks and duties across and within teams seamlessly and with accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills, desire to assist members and ability to work with vendors and volunteers. Ability to consult with Senior Peers on general projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and highest level of integrity.
- Bachelor's or other advanced degree.
- Preferred Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) or interested in pursuing CMP certification.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Meetings Coordinator) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.