Diversity and Workforce Program Coordinator
Posted: May 28, 2021
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)- representing more than 21,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases- seeks a full-time Diversity and Workforce Program Coordinator.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Leadership Development and Culture Change, the Diversity and Workforce Program Coordinator helps manage the administration, implementation, and expansion of ASN's diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives as well as programming geared towards medical students, residents, graduate students, and fellows.
- Work with ASN volunteers and staff, especially the ASN Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, to ensure the society maintains a robust portfolio of DEI initiatives and programming.
- Responsibilities include: managing the Network of Minority Health Research Investigators (NMRI) travel support program, planning annual DEI activities at ASN Kidney Week (virtual or in-person), and coordinating with the ASN Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager to expand and implement new and existing projects as needed.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for the ASN In-Training Examination for nephrology fellows.
- Responsibilities include: supporting the test materials committee, liaising with the National Board of Medical Examiners, managing the registration process through ASN's database, maintaining listing of exam sites and communicating regularly with contacts (domestic and international), and coordinating with other staff on activity-related needs including marketing and logistics.
- Build out ASN's efforts to engage current and future osteopathically trained nephrologists.
- Responsibilities include: coordinating a three-pronged approach by developing, implementing, and evaluating projects in the areas of education, mentorship, and leadership to leverage the increase of DO applicants matching into nephrology.
- Provide support for other workforce and training, leadership development, and DEI activities as needed.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and is not considered all inclusive.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of three years of administrative and project management experience with the ability to set priorities, take initiative, and manage multiple projects on time.
- Superb organizational skills, communication skills (written and oral), and attention to detail.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience working with volunteer leaders, particularly physicians.
- Nonprofit/association experience, particularly medical/health care.
- Experience using Abila netFORUM.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Diversity and Workforce Program Coordinator) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.