Posted: June 04, 2021
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)-which represents more than 20,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to creating a world without kidney diseases—seeks a full-time Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Director of Data Science and Public Impact, the Marketing Coordinator will maintain and maximize membership engagement, retention, and recruitment through the successful formation and execution of sales and marketing efforts. Responsibilities will include the implementation of integrated marketing strategies and promotional campaigns across all membership and engagement areas within the organization.
Qualified candidates will:
- Assist in the development of member acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Assist in drafting regular membership materials including renewal communications, new member welcome communications, brochures, and member offers.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop and execute marketing promotions for ASN activities and initiatives.
- Assist with database management to ensure data integrity.
- Compile and analyze campaign metrics.
- Manage marketing of the ASN Career Center.
- Assist with scheduling ASN promotions through project management software
- Coordinate with membership manager on dues billing process and retention materials.
- Create and implement surveys on members' experience.
- Assist in the promotional writing and list upload for the ASN daily newsletter, In the Loop.
- Effectively manage multiple and shifting deadlines and occasional changes in priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area.
The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and is not considered all inclusive.
- Three years of related experience.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases).
- Experience with netFORUM, project management software, and Real Magnet is preferred.
- Superior organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Collaborative style to work effectively with volunteer members and leaders, colleagues, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven department, managing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to create and modify HTML layouts for email communications using WYSIWYG editors.
- Ability to code raw HTML markup is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume and salary requirements (with the subject line: Marketing Coordinator) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.