Kidney Health Initiative (KHI): Program Coordinator
Posted: February 25, 2022
Location: Washington, D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents more than 21,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases—seeks a full-time Kidney Health Initiative (KHI) Program Coordinator.
KHI is a strategic program for the society to accelerate innovation in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of kidney diseases. As a public-private partnership among ASN and the US Food and Drug Administration, KHI is a pre-competitive forum that solves regulatory science issues in collaboration with over 100 kidney focused member companies and organizations.
The KHI Program Coordinator manages and supports dissemination of project deliverables, as defined in a project plan. Reporting to the KHI Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for: providing project management, logistical, and administrative support to multiple kidney-focused project working groups; updating portfolio management tools; collaborating with the KHI Program Manager to support the KHI Board of Directors; supporting member convenings such as the Annual Stakeholder Meetings; and communicating to KHI stakeholders.Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple KHI projects and associated working groups.
- Translates project concepts into timeline- and deliverable-bound project plans in collaboration with KHI staff and subject matter experts.
- Leads project-level meetings by preparing materials, moderating discussions, and tracking action items between meetings.
- Updates project management tools that track project-level milestones and timelines against committed resources.
- Supports the development of project reports, including preparation of manuscripts and other communications.
- Collaborates with KHI Program Manager and Program Associates to develop KHI Board of Director and subgroup meeting materials. Moderates discussions as appropriate.
- Supports the KHI Program Manager with reviewing and assessing new project ideas and proposals.
- Collaborates with RDI staff members on communication efforts and logistics for in-person and virtual meetings.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
- Experience managing multiple projects and utilizing project management tools such as Smartsheet or Microsoft Project.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and takes initiative. Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, exercise good judgment, and quickly identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team within a dynamic work environment that includes virtual teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal staff, external experts, and other stakeholders. Ability to represent the organization to senior leaders in industry and government in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience with communicating science to different audiences and through different media, including websites, emails, presentations, and publications.
- Bachelor's or other advanced degree with 3+ years of equivalent experience, preferably in clinical research, kidney health care, medical technology product development, and/or life science industries.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
ASN requires all full-time, temporary, and contract employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior to the start of employment.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: KHI Program Coordinator) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.