Posted: August 16, 2019
Location: Washington, D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)-which represents more than 20,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases- seeks a full-time Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator will maintain and maximize membership engagement, retention, and recruitment through the successful formation and execution of sales and marketing efforts. Responsibilities will include the implementation of integrated marketing strategies and promotional campaigns across all membership and engagement areas within the organization.
Qualified candidates will:
- Develop annual strategies, policies, and tactical plans focused on member acquisition and retention.
- Write and produce regular membership material including applications, renewal communications, new member welcome communications, brochures, and member offers.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop and execute marketing activities that promote the value of membership benefits and offerings by member need and type.
- Analyze member engagement within the netFORUM database.
- Manage marketing of the ASN Career Center.
- Coordinate with membership manager on dues billing process and retention materials.
- Oversee and help determine ASN exhibiting schedule with external organizations.
- Create and implement member exit survey.
- Work with membership manager to promote Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology (FASN) designation.
- Assist in the promotional writing and list upload for the ASN daily newsletter, In the Loop.
- Effectively manage multiple and shifting deadlines and occasional changes in priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and is not considered all inclusive.
- Three years of related expierence.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases).
- Experience with netFORUM and Real Magnet is preferred.
- Superior organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Collaborative style to work effectively with volunteer members and leaders, colleagues, and other departments.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven department, managing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Marketing Coordinator) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.