Posted: February 05, 2020
Location: Washington, DC
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents more than 20,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases—seeks a fulltime Operations Coordinator. Reporting to the ASN Vice President of Operations, the Operations Coordinator will provide support for governance and human resources.
- Assist with human resource administration to include drafting job descriptions, posting positions, and scheduling interviews.
- Coordinate activities for the ASN Council (the society's governing body) and ASN Executive Committee to include scheduling conference calls and meetings, compiling and preparing agenda and meeting materials, taking minutes, and coordinating individualized calendars for each member of the council or executive committee.
- Handle logistics for the conference calls and meetings of the ASN Council and ASN Executive Committee, including travel forms, correspondence with ASN's travel agent, guest activities, and interaction with conference call vendor (and related activities).
- Process travel expenses for the ASN leadership, including the council and executive committee.
- Serve as the liaison to the ASN Nominating Committee, coordinating the distribution of call for nominations, scheduling conference calls, and developing and tracking the council ballot.
- Ensure conflicts of interest and commitment disclosures are up to date for all ASN leadership.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all leadership and the Executive Vice President.
- Manage leadership lists for ASN Kidney Week and social events.
- Draft general correspondence as required from the ASN President and the ASN Executive Vice President.
- Provide administrative support for the ASN and ASN Foundation for Kidney Research Investment Committee, scheduling meetings and conference calls, assisting with the distribution of meeting materials and minutes.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and is not to be considered all inclusive.
Professional Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Three to five years administrative experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Superior written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with members.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Collaborative, can-do approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with database management.
- Genuine team enthusiasm and positive energy.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across assignments.
- Understands the meaning of and exercises confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Dedication to providing customer service of the highest level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships with members, staff, vendors, and other stakeholders.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Operations Coordinator) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.