Workforce and Training Associate
Posted: August 26, 2019
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)-which represents more than 20,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases- seeks a full-time Workforce and Training Associate. Reporting to the Director of Governance and Workforce Initiatives, the Workforce and Training Associate helps coordinate the administration, implementation, and expansion of ASN's initiatives geared towards medical students, residents, graduate students, and fellows.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for the ASN Kidney TREKS program (week-long summer research courses for medical and graduate students); responsibilities include: supporting the subcommittee, communicating regularly with program contacts and participants, processing invoices and program evaluations, meeting deadlines, and coordinating with other staff on activity-related needs including marketing, website management, and finances.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for the ASN In-Training Examination for nephrology fellows; responsibilities include: supporting the test materials committee, liaising with the National Board of Medical Examiners, managing the registration process through ASN's database, maintaining listing of exam sites and contacts (domestic and international), and coordinating with other staff on activity-related needs including marketing and logistics.
- Work with specialized databases for tracking programmatic outcomes data.
- Provide support for other workforce and training, career advancement, and diversity and inclusion activities as needed.
- Address external inquiries regarding all assigned activities in a timely manner.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and is not considered all inclusive.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One to two years of administrative and/or project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as databases).
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience working with volunteer leaders, particularly physicians.
- Nonprofit/association experience, particularly medical/healthcare.
- Experience using Abila netFORUM.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Workforce and Training Associate) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.