Posted: August 29, 2019
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents more than 20,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases—seeks a full-time Development Manager. Working with ASN's Vice President of Business Development, this position will support the society's development efforts.
- Oversee ASN's Exhibitor and Industry Spotlight Programs which provide industry partners the opportunity to present information to live audiences of 75 to 350 participants.
- Draft, distribute, and enforce spotlight program rules and regulations.
- Provide outstanding levels of customer service to industry partners.
- Work with internal stakeholders to promote spotlight programs to meeting participants.
- Track support agreements to more than 25 companies and organizations.
- Distribute invoices and track payments.
- Identify untapped opportunities for support and work with internal stakeholders to secure funding for society programs and activities.
- Draft proposals, develop budgets, and manage the submission process of small industry funded grants.
- Process grant reconciliations, maintain records, and provide updates to supporters as needed.
- Cross train with development team member responsible for KidneyCure (ASN Foundation) activities and donor databases.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and is not to be considered all inclusive.
Professional Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Eight+ years of related experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Superior written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with supporters.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Collaborative, can-do approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Genuine team enthusiasm and positive energy.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across assignments.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Dedication to providing customer service of the highest level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Development Manager) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.