Board Review Course & Update
Face the Boards with Confidence
July 20 - 25, 2019 | Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois
For more than 20 years, ASN has offered BRCU (Board Review Course & Update) as an interactive board review for nephrologists preparing for the ABIM Nephrology Board certification and recertification examinations. BRCU is structurally outlined to maximize participants' readiness for these examinations. This course also provides a comprehensive and essential update for practicing nephrologists and healthcare professionals.
Each BRCU topic section and its applicable time allocation are patterned after the ABIM Nephrology Certification Examination Blueprint. Lectures, interactive case discussions, and panel Q&A sessions reinforce key knowledge in nephrology. Relevant physiology and pathophysiology blend with clinical discussions to keep participants engaged and provide essential updates and preparation. BRCU will focus on the following topics:
- Assessment of Kidney Function and Structure
- Sodium and Water Abnormalities
- Glomerular and Vascular Disorders
- Acid-Base and Potassium Disorders
- Tubular, Interstitial, and Cystic Disorders
- CKD and ESRD
- AKI and ICU Nephrology
- Calcium, Phosphorus, and Magnesium Disorders and Stones
- Bone and Mineral Metabolism
- Kidney Transplantation
- Exam-focused curricula, patterned after the ABIM blueprint
- Opportunity to interact with 30 expert faculty
- Interactive case-based studies
- "How to Study for the Boards; How to Approach a Board Question" presentation
- Printed course books - three volumes with preliminary slides and references
- Complimentary online access to all lectures approximately one month after the course (streaming media and downloadable audio)
- Online practice exam with 300+ questions (via the ASN CME Center)
- Up to 65.25 CME Credits and MOC Points
- Central location in downtown Chicago
- Complimentary continental breakfasts (daily) and lunches (Saturday - Monday)
Support is provided by an educational grant from Akebia Therapeutics, Inc.
Registration online is quick and easy and pricing discounts are available to all current ASN members.
View the Program
View the key components and topics of BRCU that will help you face the boards with confidence.
View and download materials, including pre- and post- practice exams, test answers, and more.