Kidney Week 2020 Reimagined: A Fully Digital Meeting
What's New in 2020
ASN has been honored to host the world's premier meeting in nephrology for 50+ years. While we have all enjoyed the various sites at which past annual meetings have taken place, Kidney Week has not succeeded because of a specific location.
This year's meeting is offered in a fully online format with educational presentations delivered live-streamed, simulive, and on-demand; ePosters; digital exhibit hall; virtual networking opportunities; and more. Annual Meeting content will launch October 22, recorded, and available in the meeting website through December 4.
ASN is hosting 5 Early Programs this year, preceding the Annual Meeting. For each program, on-demand presentations will be available starting October 14, and live-streamed sessions will take place on October 19-21. Click the program links below for more details.
- Advances in Research Conference: Single-Cell Biology
- Basic Research Forum for Emerging Kidney Scientists: A Partnership Between APS and ASN
- Critical Care Nephrology: 2020 Update
- Glomerular Diseases: 2020 Update
- Maintenance Dialysis
Thousands of ePosters can be viewed on-demand starting October 22 at 10:00 a.m. EDT. ePoster features include:
- Interactive interface to browse through uploaded posters
- Keyword search and multiple indices to quickly find uploaded posters
- Various communication tools (with Kidney Week login)
More CE Credits and MOC Points
With Kidney Week being a "reimagined" blended learning activity this year, ASN will offer up to 75 continuing education credits for physicians, nurses, and pharmacists and up to 75 ABIM MOC Points. Instructions for claiming credits/points will be available in October.
Networking and Interactive Opportunities
ASN will offer unique opportunities to network with other participants and exhibitors at Kidney Week 2020 Reimagined through Attendee Connect. Attendee Connect matches you with other participants based on your registration information and presents opportunities to chat, email, and have video meetings.
Kidney Week will also have a digital photo booth, wellness activities, an EXPLORE: Scavenger Hunt, fun ways to experience Denver and San Diego virtually, and the Kidney Week forum, which will allow participants to interact in a chat forum. All sessions have a chat/discussion board and allows participants to interact with faculty and one another.
In addition to the items above:
- Daily state-of-the-art lectures during the plenary sessions (October 22-25, 9:00-10:00 a.m. EDT)
- Race and equity sessions
- COVID-19 sessions, events, and abstracts