Kidney Week 2023: Accreditation, CME, CNE, CPE, MOC
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will have increased their knowledge in the field of nephrology and will be able to:
- Identify recent discoveries in basic, translational, and clinical research in nephrology;
- Construct new research questions based on updated scientific and clinical advances in nephrology-related disciplines; and
- Translate recent advances in the areas of general nephrology, dialysis, transplantation, and hypertension into new standards and approaches to clinical care of patients with kidney diseases and related disorders.
- Medical and Other Trainees-Including medical students, residents, graduate students, post-docs, and fellows
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Other Health Care Professionals
In support of improving patient care, the American Society of Nephrology is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Education Credits for Annual Meeting (November 2 - December 20, 2023)
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT - PHYSICIANS
The American Society of Nephrology designates this blended learning activity for a maximum of 75.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ANCC CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT - NURSES
This CE activity is approved for 75.0 ANCC contact hours.
ACPE CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT - PHARMACISTS
This activity has been approved for 75.0 contact hours.
AAPA/NCCPA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS
Physician Assistants may claim a maximum of 75.0 Category 1 credits for completing this activity. NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Points
The Kidney Week Annual Meeting offers MOC points for ABIM and ABP Diplomates with the completion of a reflective statement and commitment-to-change questions in this activity's evaluation.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to:
- 75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program; and
- 75 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM or ABP MOC credit.
STATEMENT FROM ABIM
This course has been developed as an original and independent educational offering based on the public ABIM examination blueprint and is not approved or endorsed by ABIM. In accordance with ABIM policy, no ABIM Board members have been involved in the development of this course. ASN cannot guarantee that attending this course will result in passing the ABIM examination.
Continuing Education Credits for Early Programs
Each Early Program offers CME credits. Select Early Programs offer CNE or CPE credits. Please check each Early Program listing for more information.
DEADLINE TO CLAIM CE CREDITS AND MOC POINTS
December 20, 2023