Kidney Week 2023: Embargo Policy
Please read and adhere to the following embargo policy for ASN Kidney Week abstracts.
- This ASN embargo policy for Kidney Week abstracts (i.e., research abstracts, clinical case reports, late-breaking clinical trials), oral presentations, and posters supersedes all other embargoes.
- Accepted Kidney Week abstracts, with the exception of late-breaking clinical trials, will be posted online on October 13, 2023. Titles of accepted late-breaking clinical trials will be posted online on October 13, 2023.
- ASN will NOT accept an abstract submission if the abstract:
- has already been published by May 24, 2023,
- has been accepted for publication by May 24, 2023, or
- will have been presented at another meeting or press conference prior to November 2, 2023.
- Abstract notifications, with the exception of late-breaking clinical trials, will be emailed on August 11, 2023. Between August 11, 2023, and October 12, 2023, accepted abstracts are embargoed, except for abstract titles and authors.
- The four corners of accepted abstracts, with the exception of late-breaking clinical trials, will be posted online on October 13, 2023. From October 13, 2023, until time of presentation at the ASN meeting, any information beyond what is contained in the four corners of the abstract may not be released until time of presentation at the meeting. With permission of the authors, ASN may selectively lift the embargo prior to presentation at Kidney Week to coincide with Kidney Week press briefing schedules or other press promotions.
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials: All accepted late-breaking clinical trial oral presentations and posters are under embargo until time of presentation at the ASN meeting. If this embargo policy is violated, ASN reserves the right to sanction the violator (authors or press).
SEC Fair Disclosure Requirements
In certain cases, a determination may be made that in order to fulfill the requirements of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or a corresponding regulatory organization in any country where that company's stock is traded, a publicly traded company, before the public release date, must disclose data or information from confidential abstracts. This is generally deemed necessary when it is considered probable that a reasonable investor in the company would regard such data or information as constituting a significant change to the totality of information provided to the investor.
The abstract generally remains eligible to be included in ASN Kidney Week on the condition that the company, prior to the release, submits a letter to ASN signed by the company's legal counsel. The letter must include the title of the abstract, specify the format/nature of the public disclosure, and inform the reader that the information must be publicly disclosed in order to comply with securities laws and that the information disclosed is the minimum necessary to be in compliance with these laws. ASN requirements further specify that the Presenting (First) Author be copied on the request.
Questions? Please contact ASN Press Officer Christine Feheley at firstname.lastname@example.org.