Kidney STARS (Students and Residents) Application
Application Deadline: June 22, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
The goal of the ASN Kidney STARS program is to stimulate interest in nephrology careers by targeting medical students, residents, and graduate students with an interest in nephrology who have not yet committed to applying to a fellowship or pursuing kidney research.
In addition to tailored events and networking opportunities, this program provides complimentary registration to attend the ASN Annual Meeting during Kidney Week and complimentary membership to the society. Please note that while ASN Kidney Week 2022 has both in person and virtual content, the Kidney STARS Program is in person. By accepting a spot in this program, participants agree to abide by all Health and Safety protocols as set forth by ASN.
The ASN Kidney STARS program dates are Thursday, November 3 – Saturday, November 5, 2022. Program highlights include opportunities for small peer group interaction, a Q & A panel with nephrology experts, poster crawls, and mentoring.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must be:
- A medical student, graduate student (including physician assistant or nurse practitioner students), or resident at the time of ASN Kidney Week in good standing.
- Enrolled in an accredited program or be a graduate student and enrolled in an accredited university.
- Interested in pursuing nephrology as a specialty, but not yet decided.
- Able to attend the entire meeting and all program events.
- Able to provide a CV and an institutional letter verifying status.
Applicants are highly encouraged to ensure they block off time to attend the Annual Meeting from Thursday, November 3 through Saturday, November 5.
To apply, a candidate must:
- Create a free ASN account and log into the application.
- Complete applicant information, demographics, training level, etc.
- Complete a 200 word essay.
- Upload a CV and provide a letter from the applicant's institution verifying current status. The verification letter must be on institutional letterhead and signed by an official or faculty member. For graduate students, the letter must also confirm the student has passed his/her qualifying exam. The CV and verification letter should be combined into one document for upload.
- Click submit.
In the essay, applicants should address the following questions:
- Describe your interest in nephrology and any prior work related to this interest.
- What do you hope to gain from participating in the Kidney STARS program, and how does this relate to your future goals?
Applications received without CVs and institutional verification letters will not be processed.
Deadline: All online applications must be completed by no later than Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
NOTE: Trainee support applicants may apply to any and all trainee support opportunities (if eligible); however, only one opportunity will be given per person.
Questions? Email email@example.com STARS Search Winners