Kidney STARS (Students and Residents) Application
Applications open on Wednesday, May 31, 2023. Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
The goal of the ASN Kidney Students and Residents (STARS) program is to stimulate interest in nephrology careers by targeting medical students, residents, and graduate students with an interest in nephrology who have not yet committed to applying to a fellowship or pursuing kidney research.
In addition to tailored events and networking opportunities, this program provides travel support and complimentary registration to attend the 2023 ASN Annual Meeting during Kidney Week.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must be:
- A medical student, graduate student (including physician assistant or nurse practitioner students), or resident in good standing at the time of ASN Kidney Week.
- Enrolled in an accredited program or be a graduate student and enrolled in an accredited university.
- Interested in pursuing nephrology as a specialty, but not yet decided.
- Able to attend the entire meeting and all program events.
- Able to provide a CV and an institutional letter verifying status.
NOTE: Travel support applicants may apply to any and all travel support opportunities (if eligible); however, only one award will be given per person. All applicants will be notified within seven weeks of the application deadline.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org STARS Search Winners