MACRA: Quality Payment Program for 2018
Medicare is well into the second year of the Quality Payment Program (QPP), a new value-based physician payment system created by MACRA initiating Virtual Groups, refining MIPS payments for 2019, and striving to improve the program. To learn more about Medicare's actions, visit here:
ASN is advocating to ensure that the QPP works for nephrologists and the patients they serve. This webpage contains resources to help ASN members better understand the system and answer questions. Accordingly, ASN is collaborating with a variety of partners – including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and peer specialty societies -- in these advocacy efforts.
The Quality Payment Program has two tracks for participation: the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs). Here are some important things to know as you begin to examine the new payment system.
- ASN Summary of Who is in the QPP
- ASN's Five Things You Should Know in the QPP
- ASN Summary of the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative
The Quality Payment Program began on January 1, 2017, with a "Pick Your Pace" approach for this first year.
- Quality Payment Program Details (MACRA -- CMS website)
- Just Released June 20, 2017 QPP Highlights for 2018
- Just Released June 20, 2017 QPP Proposed Rule
- Top 10 things you need to do for MACRA (List includes what subspecialists need to do to participate in MIPS and to work with Medical Homes and/or APMs)
- Questions and Answers about MACRA
- MACRA Podcast ASN
- Kidney News October 2016: A Helping Hand With MACRA (Directs Readers to ASN MACRA-related Materials)
- Complete ASN Comments on MACRA Proposed Rule June 27, 2016
- ASN Comment Letter on Final MACRA Rule