ASN Alliance for Kidney Health
A world without kidney diseases.
To create a world without kidney diseases, the ASN Alliance for Kidney Health elevates care by educating and informing, driving breakthroughs and innovation, and advocating for policies that create transformative changes in kidney medicine throughout the world.
To accomplish this vision and mission, the ASN Alliance for Kidney Health will:
- Advance the work of kidney medicine by:
- Creating a stronger focus on kidney health.
- Intervening earlier to prevent, diagnose, coordinate care, and educate.
- Developing broad partnerships to address the health of the global population, promoting health equity, and advocating for high-quality therapies, including home dialysis and transplant.
- Accelerate innovation and expand patient choice by:
- Advancing kidney health and research via KidneyCure, the Kidney Health Initiative, and KidneyX.
- Building research readiness, inclusiveness, and translation in kidney medicine, which requires championing clinical trials.
- Developing innovative partnerships, creatively pursuing scientific opportunities, and increasing public and private funding.
- Lead culture change that creates a diverse, equitable, and inclusive pathway for advancing kidney health by:
- Identifying, confronting, and overcoming systemic racism in health care, science, and kidney medicine by achieving equity and eliminating disparities.
- Engaging future members of the kidney care team and scientists by increasing interest in kidney medicine and broadening the ASN Alliance's outreach and appeal.
- Providing a professional home that promotes and accelerates growth, opportunities, and advancement throughout all stages of a member's career.
- Create dynamic educational tools and environments, assertively communicate information about kidney medicine, identify opportunities to utilize health care data to screen for and protect kidney health, and engage everyone interested in kidney diseases by:
- Curating content, including continuing education, certification and recertification, and peer-reviewed literature.
- Producing content that reaches current and new audiences, organizing this content thematically, and connecting channels used to distribute content, while maintaining the ASN Alliance's focus on credibility and excellence.
- Creating a rich environment that elevates knowledge, understanding, partnerships, and other interactions.
- Advocating for policies that empower patients and their care partners, the kidney care team and scientists, health systems, payers, and other stakeholders with a role in kidney health by:
- Advancing policies through federal legislative and regulatory advocacy that promote kidney health, transform transplant and increase access to donor kidneys, and champion health equity and eliminate disparities.
- Building relationships that include key stakeholders inside and outside of the kidney community.
- Working to develop, articulate, and advance a global kidney health policy agenda.
ASN (Federal Tax ID: 52-6078378) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization.