- Anupam Agarwal, MD, FASN (2016)
- Gretchen Leaman Brandt, MD, FASN (2016)
- Pamela K. Carmines, PhD, FASN (2016)
- Randa A. El Husseini, MD, FASN (2016)
- Tarek M. El-Achkar, MD, FASN (2016)
- Ann Kathleen N. Gamilla-Crudo, MD (2016)
- Kelly A. Hyndman, PhD (2016)
- Pradeep V. Kadambi, MD, FASN (2016)
- Rajiv Poduval, MD, FASN (2016)
- Lynda Szczech, MD (2016)
- Gary C. Curhan, MD, FASN (2016)
- Richard A. Lafayette, MD (2016)
- Karl A. Nath, MD (2016)
The Communications Committee is responsible for (1) reviewing budgets related to the Society’s publications (such as editorial offices, royalties, etc.); (2) reviewing reports from the editors-in-chief on activities and performance of journal annually or more often, as needed; (3) assessing the scientific quality of journal with respect to achieving ASN goals; (4) reviewing annually editorial performance with recommendations; (5) approving associate editors proposed by the editors-in-chief; and (6) serving as a liaison with the publisher on issues affecting the quality and financial performance of the journal. The Committee will meet with the editors a minimum of once per year and more frequently, if needed, and will not interfere with editorial prerogatives in managing journal affairs.
A Council member of the Society will be assigned to serve as Chair for three years to ensure continuity of leadership. In addition, during the year immediately preceding assumption of Chair responsibilities, this Councilor will serve on the committee. Other committee members will include the ASN treasurer and one additional councilor, and ASN members from outside of Council who have recognized expertise and experience in publications.