Posted: December 02, 2019
Location: Washington D.C.
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)— which represents over 21,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney—seeks a fulltime Meetings Coordinator. Reporting to the ASN Associate Director of Meetings and Member Experience, the Meetings Coordinator will work with the ASN Education Team to manage and administer the live educational activities sponsored by ASN, including Kidney Week®, ASN's annual meeting and the largest gathering of kidney professionals in the world.
The Coordinator will have the following:
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Minimum (4-5 years) of professional meeting planning experience with demonstrated experience handling complex meetings with multiple components
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Adobe products.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or jointly with others to complete activities, tasks and projects in a professional manner, responsible for daily processes and procedures with minimal oversight.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple overlapping duties with accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills, desire to assist members and ability to work with vendors and volunteers. Ability to consult with Senior Peers on general projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and highest level of integrity.
The Coordinator will maximize the use of ASN's resources, and current and future technologies, to:
- Highly skilled and proficient within the professional discipline.
- Supports various complex projects, demonstrates ability to create budgets and monitor them.
- Handles some meetings on own from initial meeting with client through RFP and contract, logistical planning and execution and wrap up.
- Maintain databases of meeting information, files and records, prepare reports.
- Respond to telephone and email requests.
- Coordinate housing and registration with partners if required.
- Schedule and assign affiliate functions for Kidney Week and manage the Ancillary process.
- Research, analyze and provide recommendations on selected partners.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts.
- Conduct research projects as needed.
- Document new office procedures as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Some travel required.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and partners as assigned.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Meetings Coordinator) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.