BRCU Virtual 2021: General Information
Dates and Location
This course will be held July 17 - 22, and will be a fully virtual course. Each day will offer approximately 5 hours of interactive, live-streamed sessions with expert faculty that will incorporate case-based discussions, board-style questions, breakout groups, and more. All lectures will be available on-demand to view at your convenience. You will have access to all lectures for at least 2 years.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Interpret the fundamental concepts of nephrology in the areas of kidney function and structure; fluid and electrolyte disorders; glomerular and vascular disorders; potassium and acid base; tubulointerstitial disorders and nephrolithiasis; CKD, ESKD, and dialysis; hypertension; AKI, ICU nephrology, and pharmacology; bone and mineral metabolism; and transplantation;
- Formulate diagnostic and therapeutic options for the management of kidney diseases; and
- Test individual medical practice competence against a series of simulated patient/case scenarios.
(Core Competencies: Patient Care and Medical Knowledge)
- Senior Nephrologists: Practicing nephrologists in all key areas of the specialty. The course also benefits pediatric nephrologists, intensivists, and hospitalists.
- Board Examination Participants: Individuals are thoroughly prepared for upcoming certification and recertification exams.
- Nephrology Fellows: Fellows seeking a detailed outline and discussion of what their current fellowship program should include.
- FASN Candidates: The approximately 60 CME credit hours earned at the BRCU can be applied towards the 70 hours required to qualify for FASN status. (Please note that the number of credits will be finalized in June.)
Registration - What's Included
- Exam-focused curricula with expert faculty, patterned after the ABIM nephrology examination blueprint
- Downloadable PDFs of all presentations.
- Complimentary online access to all lectures/presentations within (1) days of original streaming and includes live interactive sessions and on-demand sessions (streaming media and downloadable audio).
- Online practice exam with 300+ questions
- Access to on-demand lectures one week prior to course start.
- Weekly BRCU Pearl emails that include study tips, sent 6-8 weeks prior to the ABIM Nephrology Exam.
Accreditation and CME Credit Designation
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ASN designates this live activity for a maximum of approximately 60 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. (Please note that the number of credits will be finalized in June.)
ABIM MOC Statement
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to approximately 60 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. (Please note that the number of credits will be finalized in June.)
Statement from ABIM
This course has been developed as an original and independent educational offering based on the public ABIM examination blueprint and is not approved or endorsed by ABIM. In accordance with ABIM policy, no ABIM Board members have been involved in the development of this course. ASN cannot guarantee that attending this course will result in passing the ABIM examination.
Attention U.S. Physicians
To ensure full compliance with the Open Payments (Physician Payments Sunshine Act), a provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PL 111-148), ASN reserves the right to provide information to applicable manufacturers and applicable Group Purchasing Organizations about U.S. physicians (and their immediate family members) who participate in selected ASN activities. To learn more, follow this link to the CMS Open Payments website. Additional information can be found at the American Medical Association's website.