BRCU 2022: General Information
Dates and Location
The course will be held July 31-August 2, 2022, at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park in Chicago, IL. In early July, all on-demand lectures will be available.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Interpret the fundamental concepts of nephrology in the areas of kidney function and structure; fluid and electrolyte disorders; glomerular and vascular disorders; potassium and acid base; tubulointerstitial disorders and nephrolithiasis; CKD, ESKD, and dialysis; hypertension; AKI, ICU nephrology, and pharmacology; bone and mineral metabolism; and transplantation;
- Formulate diagnostic and therapeutic options for the management of kidney diseases; and
- Test individual medical practice competence against a series of simulated patient/case scenarios.
- Senior Nephrologists: Practicing nephrologists in all key areas of the specialty. The course also benefits pediatric nephrologists, intensivists, and hospitalists.
- Board Examination Participants: Individuals are thoroughly prepared for upcoming Certification and MOC exams.
- Nephrology Fellows: Fellows seeking a detailed outline and discussion of what their current fellowship program should include.
Accreditation and CME Credit Designation
In support of improving patient care, the American Society of Nephrology is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The American Society of Nephrology designates this blended activity for an estimated 65.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Statement
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component and passing the MOC Post Test, enables the participant to earn up to estimated 65.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Statement from ABIM
This course has been developed as an original and independent educational offering based on the public ABIM examination blueprint and is not approved or endorsed by ABIM. In accordance with ABIM policy, no ABIM Board members have been involved in the development of this course. ASN cannot guarantee that attending this course will result in passing the ABIM examination.
Attention U.S. Physicians
To ensure full compliance with the Open Payments (Physician Payments Sunshine Act), a provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PL 111-148), ASN reserves the right to provide information to applicable manufacturers and applicable Group Purchasing Organizations about U.S. physicians (and their immediate family members) who participate in selected ASN activities. To learn more, follow this link to the CMS Open Payments website. Additional information can be found at the American Medical Association's website.