Basic/Clinical Science Session
Translation of Genetic Discoveries in Nephrotic Syndrome, Including the Michelle P. Winn, MD, Endowed Lectureship
November 03, 2023 | 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
Location: Room 204, Pennsylvania Convention Center
This session highlights innovative strategies, methodologies, and discoveries that have high potential for therapeutic or diagnostic translation in nephrotic syndrome. Particular emphasis is given to novel genetic discoveries in familial and nonfamilial forms of nephrotic syndrome. Innovative methods to expand our understanding of the pathogenic mechanisms of podocyte injury and dysfunction are also discussed. The session reviews novel approaches to the translation of genetic findings into potential therapies or diagnostics for the treatment of podocytopathy.
ASN gratefully acknowledges Duke University School of Medicine, the school’s Division of Nephrology, and several individuals for support of the Michelle P. Winn, MD, Endowed Lectureship.
Session support is provided by an educational grant from Travere Therapeutics, Inc.
- Explain and characterize novel discoveries in nephrotic syndrome
- Highlight innovated strategies to characterize the molecular underpinnings of podocyte injury and dysfunction
- Describe novel approaches to the study of familial and nonfamilial podocytopathies
- Summarize emerging technologies and methods for the study of familial and nonfamilial podocytopathies
- To examine innovative and high-throughput strategies for rational drug-targeting and development in familial and non-familial podocytopathies.
- Glomerular Diseases
- Genetic Diseases and Development
- Illuminating the Genetics of Nephrotic Syndrome
02:00 PM - 02:30 PM
- Using Scalable Technologies to Unravel Therapeutic Targets in Proteinuric Kidney Diseases
02:30 PM - 03:00 PM
- Podocyte Lipid Handling as a Therapeutic Target for Collagenopathy: The Michelle P. Winn, MD, Endowed Lectureship
03:00 PM - 03:30 PM
- Emerging Therapeutics for COVID-19-Associated Nephropathy (COVAN) and HIV-Associated Nephropathy (HIVAN) in Patients with APOL1 Renal Risk Variants
03:30 PM - 04:00 PM