Fellows: Career Information
ASN Career Center (Employer and Candidate Postings)
The ASN Career Center has many resources for both employers and candidates. View the latest job postings or create a personalized job search agent to find jobs for you. Visit the ASN Career Center.
About Careers in Nephrology
This section features individuals who are examples of different types and stages of careers in nephrology. Each person describes their career path, key factors in their success, lifestyle issues, what motivates them and other areas.
- The Basic Scientist (Dr. Ray Harris)
- The Clinician Educator (Dr. Mitch Rosner)
- The Clinical Researcher (Dr. Linda Fried)
- The Clinical Researcher 2 (Dr. Bessie Young)
- The Interventional Nephrologist (Dr. Arif Asif)
- The Junior Faculty Nephrologist 1 (Dr. Núria Pastor-Soler)
- The Junior Faculty Nephrologist 2 (Dr. Joachim Ix)
- The Nephrologist in Industry (Dr. Matt Breyer)
- The Private Practitioner (Dr. Arnold Berns)
- The Transplant Nephrologist (Dr. Donald Hricik)
- The Senior Academic Nephrologist (Dr. Eleanor Lederer)
- NIH/NIDDK Training and Career Development
Nephrology Fellows Survey
Since 2014, the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) has invited current adult and pediatric nephrology fellows to participate in the annual Nephrology Fellow Survey to quantify the incoming physician workforce (especially fellows' race and ethnicity), capture leading job market indicators, and collate fellows' perceptions of their training and the specialty. Click here to learn more.