Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for something on the ASN site? Below are locations for popular search items and answers to frequently asked questions. If you are having technical problems viewing the ASN website, try the technical support page.
- How do I login to the ASN Website?
- What is my membership status?
- What's my ASN ID number?
- How can I join ASN, or renew my membership?
The login is located in the footer of each page under "ASN User Login". You can login using your email address on record with ASN and your password. If you forgot or need to reset your password, then click here.
If you've made several unsuccessful attempts please call 202-640-4660 for further assistance.
Login > go to 'My ASN' > click the 'Profile & Disclosure' tab > click the 'Membership' tab. You will be able to view your membership status, as well as edit your personal information and preferences.
New member: (Active, Corresponding, Affiliate, or Fellows-in-Training)
Active, Corresponding, Affiliate, or Fellows-in-Training memberships can be completed online. Please note that Fellows may require documentation uploads. Select your membership type and continue following prompts.
New member: (Retired, or other memberships)
Retired, or other memberships must submit this membership form and fax to 202-659-0709, attn: Pamela Gordon.
Please note: ASN membership runs on a calendar year basis and expires December 31st of that year, regardless of your join/renewal date.
Ex: If you join/renew on January 1, 2017, your membership expires December 31, 2017.
If you join/renew on June 1, 2017, your membership still expires December 31, 2017.
Board Review Course & Update
- How do I register?
- How can I view BRCU program information?
- Topics & Lectures (quick-glance)
- Schedule of Events (detailed information)
- How do I obtain housing for BRCU?
- How do I claim CME credit?
- I could not attend BRCU, but I need to prepare for the Boards. What are my options?
- BRCU Online: this online enduring activity includes captured audio recordings set to PowerPoint presentations shown at the live Board Review event. Individuals who purchase this course can obtain CME credit as well as access to the practice exam online.
- NephSAP exams as a study guide tool.
- What is your cancellation policy for BRCU?
Visit the BRCU page > click on the 'Registration Information' button on the left side menu.
All registration materials will be available at the event.
From the BRCU page, click one of the two buttons in the left side menu:
Board Review Course & Update is held at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park in Chicago, IL. Attendees can reserve rooms for reduced rates on ASN's website. If you would like to stay at another hotel in the area you will have to make separate arrangements.
Our CME procedures have changed for BRCU. Please check for updates at www.asn-online.org/education/cme.
You can purchase the following:
Other resources (for ASN members):
Refunds, less a $100 fee, will be granted for requests received in writing prior to the refund deadline. Fax written requests to 202-659-0709. Refunds are processed after the conclusion of the course. After the refund deadline, all sales are final.
- How do I register?
- How can I view Kidney Week program information?
- How do I obtain housing for Kidney Week?
- I am an international attendee interested in attending Kidney Week.
- How do I claim CME credit?
- I could not attend Kidney Week. What are my options?
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am no longer able to attend Kidney Week. What is your cancellation policy?
- When will this year's abstracts be posted online?
You can also download the registration forms, but there is a processing time.
All materials (such as syllabus books, onsite program, etc.) will be available on-site. Please check-in first at Registration, then staff will direct you to the Materials booth.
For detailed information of each Early Program please select the program title, listed under "Early Programs".
Attendees can reserve rooms for reduced rates at surrounding hotels from ASN's website.
Once you are in the housing reservation site, click on the Convention Center map to see each hotel's approximate distance to the Center.
Please note that not all hotels have shuttle service available to the Convention Center.
International attendees can obtain a customized Letter of Invitation for visa travel.
If you are organizing travel for a group of international physicians, please visit the International Group Housing page.
Our CME procedures have changed for Kidney Week. Please check for updates at www.asn-online.org/education/cme.
ASN offers Kidney Week On-Demand. Kidney Week On-Demand captures content from the Kidney Week educational sessions. Sessions can be viewed digitally from your computer and portable devices. Please click here for more information and view pricing options.
Refunds, less a cancellation fee, will be granted for requests received in writing prior to the refund deadline. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax requests to (703) 631-2971. All refunds are processed after the meeting. After the refund deadline, all sales are final.
Abstracts are posted on the ASN website approximately 3-4 weeks prior to Kidney Week and can be viewed online in the Abstract Archives.
Journals and Publications
- I just joined/renewed my membership and cannot access full JASN/CJASN articles.
- I didn't receive/I lost an ASN publication and I'd like it replaced.
- How do I change my mailing address for the journals?
- I am not an ASN member. How can I access the journals?
Please allow 24-48 hours for the system to update/recognize your login information. If you are still unable to access the articles after 48 hours please contact ASN at 202-640-4660.
Please complete all required fields on the Request Missing Publications form. If you do not receive your requested issues within 40 days please email Bob at email@example.com. We replace issues for free, but anything over six months old is subject to availability.
You can update your journal delivery address by updating your profile online.