Congress Passes Hope Act
Congress has passed the HIV Organ Transplant Equity (HOPE) Act, HR 698/S330, a major ASN policy priority. Once signed into law by the president, the HOPE Act will facilitate greater access to transplant by lifting a federal ban on research into transplanting organs from deceased HIV+ donors to HIV+ patients, one day potentially shortening the wait time for HIV+ patients and people without HIV waiting for a transplant.
- ASN Supports Common Sense HOPE Act
- ASN Thanks Rep. Capps and Rep. Harris for Leadership
- ASN Encourages Support for HOPE Act in E and C Markup
- ASN Commends Congressional Leaders for Passing HOPE Act
- ASN, medical societies commend HOPE Act passage
- ASN Applauds Congress for Passing Milestone Legislation