Diversity and Inclusion Work Group
- Jonathan Himmelfarb, MD, FASN (2016)
- Donald E. Wesson, MD, FASN (2016)
- Deidra C. Crews, MD, MS, FASN (2016)
- Crystal A. Gadegbeku, MD (2016)
- Keisha L. Gibson, MD, FASN, MPH (2016)
- Kevin O. Griffiths, MD, MPH, FASN (2016)
- German T. Hernandez, MD, FASN (2016)
- Robert S. Hoover, Jr., MD, FASN (2016)
- Stacey Jolly, MD (2016)
- Mitchell R. Lunn, MD (2016)
- Kalani L. Raphael, MD (2016)
- Bessie A. Young, MD, FASN, MPH (2016)
The American Society of Nephrology will promote diversity and inclusiveness to enhance the nephrology profession and the lives of people with kidney disease through improved health care, research, and education.
A diverse and inclusive ASN will foster innovation, creativity, and sensitivity to advance health for all people living with kidney disease and serve as a model for organizations dedicated to health equity.
The values below serve as guiding principles to effect positive change in ASN, the profession of nephrology and the lives of people with kidney disease.
- Inclusiveness: Promote and encourage contributions and collaboration among colleagues.
- Mentorship: Improve career opportunities for professionals dedicated to curing kidney disease.
- Health Equity: Work strategically to eliminate disparities in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disease.
- Patient Advocacy: Advocate for universal access to quality care for all people living with kidney disease.
- Engagement: Support civic engagement and community service as part of the professional experience.