Research Advocacy Committee
- Frank C. Brosius, III, MD (2017)
- Josef Coresh, MD, PhD, FASN (2016)
- Susan T. Crowley, MD, FASN (2017)
- William Henry Fissell, MD (2017)
- Jeffrey L. Garvin, PhD (2017)
- Susan B. Gurley, MD, PhD (2018)
- David S. Hains, MD (2017)
- Benjamin D. Humphreys, MD, PhD, FASN (2017)
- Edgar A. Jaimes, MD (2017)
- Jordan A. Kreidberg, MD, PhD (2016)
- Bradley K. Yoder, PhD (2017)
- Bessie A. Young, MD, FASN, MPH (2017)
- John R. Sedor, MD, FASN (2017)
The Research Advocacy Committee will report directly to and advise the Public Policy Board on matters relating to Research Advocacy. The committee will meet at regular intervals and is charged with the following:
- Defining ASN's policy and advocacy agenda related to research matters.
- Advancing ASN's research advocacy agenda through regular interaction with government agencies including (but not limited to) the National Institutes of Health (NIH), particuarly the National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- Serving as a clearinghouse for research-related opportunities for ASN members.
The Research Advocacy Committee consist of a Chair, and nine members.