KSAP: CME Information
Complete the KSAP online self-assessment examination. Each participant is allowed two attempts to answer each question correctly. A passing score of 76% or greater is required to obtain CME credits and MOC points.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
The American Society of Nephrology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Nephrology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Points
This self-assessment program provides 25 MOC points. For MOC points, participants must be certified by ABIM in internal medicine and/or nephrology and enrolled in the ABIM-MOC program. It is each participant's responsibility to complete the ABIM MOC enrollment process.
Respondents must meet the following criteria:
- Be certified by ABIM in internal medicine and/or nephrology and enrolled in the ABIM-MOC program
- Enrolled in the ABIM MOC program via the ABIM website (www.abim.org).
- Enter your (ABIM) Candidate Number and Date of Birth prior to completing the examination.
- Take the self-assessment examination within the timeframe specified in this issue of KSAP.
MOC points will be applied to only those ABIM candidates who have enrolled in the MOC program. It is your responsibility to complete the ABIM MOC enrollment process.
Method of Participation
- Complete the online self-assessment activity.
- Each participant is allowed two attempts at each question to pass the examination (>75% correct) for CME credit.
- Answers and explanations are provided for each question as you take the examination.
- At the completion of the activity with a passing score or after the second attempt, learners can view the questions, detailed responses and references with links for further study.
Claiming CME Credits and MOC Points and Evaluation Process
Under the To Do List on the left navigation:
- Click the Demographics & General Eval link, and enter your information.
- Click KSAP Exam Score to view your scores and view Answers and Explanations.
- For CME credits, Click the Claim Your CME Credits link, check the Attestation Statement box to verify participation in the activity.
Enter the number of CME credits commensurate with the extent of your participation in the activity.
- For MOC points, Click Claim Your MOC Points , enter your name, ABIM number and date of birth then submit. The number of points submitted will be the same as what you enter for CME credits.
- Click the Print Your Certificate link.
Credits will be posted to your ASN Transcript immediately. View/Print Transcript at My CME Center.
To assist in improving this activity, please complete the follow-up survey that will be emailed to you in the weeks to follow.