KSAP: CME Information
Complete the KSAP online self-assessment examination. Each participant is allowed two attempts to answer each question correctly. A passing score of 76% or greater is required to obtain CME credits and MOC points.
In support of improving patient care, the American Society of Nephrology is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Points
This self-assessment program provides 25 MOC points. For MOC points, participants must be certified by ABIM in internal medicine and/or nephrology and enrolled in the ABIM-MOC program. It is each participant's responsibility to complete the ABIM MOC enrollment process.
Respondents must meet the following criteria:
- Be certified by ABIM in internal medicine and/or nephrology and enrolled in the ABIM-MOC program
- Enrolled in the ABIM MOC program via the ABIM website (www.abim.org).
- Take the self-assessment examination within the timeframe specified in this issue of KSAP.
- Enter your (ABIM) Candidate Number and Date of Birth.
MOC points will be applied to only those ABIM candidates who have enrolled in the MOC program. It is your responsibility to complete the ABIM MOC enrollment process.
Method of Participation
- Complete the online self-assessment activity.
- Each participant is allowed two attempts at each question to pass the examination (>75% correct) for CME credit.
- Answers and explanations are provided for each question as you take the examination.
- At the completion of the activity with a passing score or after the second attempt, learners can view the questions, detailed responses and references with links for further study.
Claiming CME Credits and MOC Points and Evaluation Process
- Visit the eLearning Center
- Select the module you want to complete
- Read all information under the Overview
- To complete the examination, select KSAP Exam
- Click KSAP Evaluation and enter your information
- If you passed the exam by >75 %, Select Claim Credit. For physicians select CME and claim MOC. check the Attestation Statement box to verify participation in the activity.Enter the number of CME credits commensurate with the extent of your participation in the activity. CME credits and MOC points must be equal.
- For nonphysicians, select No Credit to earn a participation certificate.
- To Print your certificate, select Certificate
- Credits will be posted to your Transcript immediately.
To assist in improving this activity, please complete the follow-up survey that will be emailed to you in the weeks to follow.