University of Chicago Application
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 17, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. EST.
Kidney TREKS, an initiative established by the American Society of Nephrology (ASN), is designed to foster interest in careers in nephrology and research through a week-long research course retreat and long-term mentorship program.
The ASN Kidney TREKS at the University of Chicago (UChicago) is one of two week-long courses that provides medical students interested in nephrology opportunities to explore the field. UChicago will host a group of interested medical and PhD students for a week in the Windy City.
The Kidney TREKS UChicago Program includes:
- Attending a week long, on-site course at the University of Chicago, July 25 - August 1, 2020. Tuition, travel support to Illinois, room and board are paid by ASN.
- Becoming connected with a nephrologist mentor who will interact with the student over the course of medical school training, graduate school, or postdoctoral fellowship.
- Attending ASN Kidney Week within two years of participating in the TREKS program with travel support as a part of the ASN Kidney STARS program.
- Receiving complimentary membership to ASN with access to website resources for students.
- Must be a medical student who has complete at least one year of medical school, a graduate student pursuing a PhD, or a postdoctoral fellow within his or her first year of training.
- Must reside in North America.
- This program is not for fellows already pursuing nephrology.
July 25 - August 1, 2020
Program modules will include the following:
Program Housing and Schedule
Housing will be provided on the University of Chicago campus in single suites with a shared bathroom. Housing will be within walking distance of all campus facilities. For more details, click here.
Click here for a sample program schedule.
The course will be run by Benjamin S. Ko, MD.
For questions or more information about the Kidney TREKS program, please contact ASN Workforce and Training Associate Riley Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-400-2481.