ASN Facebook Disclaimer
The opinions and or views expressed on The American Society of Nephrology (“ASN”) social media platforms, including, but not limited to, our blogs and Facebook pages, represent the thoughts of individual bloggers and online communities, and not those necessarily of ASN or any of its corporate partners, affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, research staff, medical staff or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
While ASN makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
ASN reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems are inappropriate. Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about a blogger or another participant;
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion or solicitation of events, groups, pages, Websites, organizations, products and programs not related to or affiliated with the ASN);
- Comments that use foul language or "hate speech" (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language);
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticizing his/her posting, opinion or comments; and
- Comments that violate the privacy of any individual;
Information posted on any of ASN's websites or on its Facebook page is not intended to be medical advice and should not be considered medical advice, nor is it intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician or other health care provider.
All links to other websites found linked from ASN's social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by ASN, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to any of ASN's social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that ASN may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of ASN. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via this site used, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on this page.