Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Deidra C. Crews, MD, MS, FASN (2019)
- Rasheed A. Balogun, MD, FASN (2020)
- Lilia Cervantes, MD (2020)
- Jason Cobb, MD (2019)
- Cynthia Delgado, MD (2020)
- Nwamaka D. Eneanya, MD, MPH, FASN (2019)
- Nimrit Goraya, MD, FASN (2019)
- Mitchell R. Lunn, MD, MS, FASN (2019)
- Javier A. Neyra, MD, MS, FASN (2020)
- Rulan S. Parekh, MD, MS, FASN (2019)
- Mohamed A. Sekkarie, MD, MPH (2020)
- Alexis J. Sloan, PhD (2019)
- Anika Lucas, MD (2019)
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee is charged with promoting diversity and inclusiveness within ASN to enhance the nephrology profession and the lives of people with kidney diseases through improved health care, research, and education.
The American Society of Nephrology will promote diversity and inclusiveness to enhance the nephrology profession and the lives of people with kidney diseases through improved health care, research, and education.
A diverse and inclusive ASN will foster innovation, creativity, and sensitivity to advance health for all people living with kidney diseases and serve as a model for organizations dedicated to health equity.
The values below serve as guiding principles to effect positive change in ASN, the profession of nephrology and the lives of people with kidney diseases.
- Inclusiveness: Encourage contributions and collaboration among colleagues.
- Mentorship: Improving career opportunities for professionals dedicated to curing kidney diseases.
- Health Equity: Working strategically to eliminate disparities in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases.
- Patient Advocacy: Promoting universal access to quality care for all people living with kidney diseases.
- Engagement: Supporting civic engagement and community service as part of the professional experience.