Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Cynthia Delgado, MD, FASN (2023)
- Rasheed A. Balogun, MD, FASN (2023)
- Annabel Biruete, PhD, RD, FASN (2023)
- Carla L. Ellis, MD, MS (2023)
- Tarra Ischele Faulk, DO, FASN (2023)
- Crystal A. Gadegbeku, MD, FASN (2023)
- Desiree Garcia Anton, MD, FASN (2023)
- Rakhi Khanna, DO, FASN (2023)
- Hector M. Madariaga, MD, FASN (2024)
- Suzanne Gwen Martin, MD, FASN (2023)
- Laisel Martinez, MS, PharmD (2023)
- Angie G. Nishio Lucar, MD (2024)
- Divine Ribakare, DO (2023)
- Ken Sutha, MD, PhD (2024)
- Adetokunbo A. Taiwo, MD, MS, MSc (2024)
- Brittany Jamille Thomas, MD (2024)
- Ebele M. Umeukeje, MD, FASN, MPH (2024)
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is charged with promoting diversity, inclusiveness, and equity within ASN to enhance the nephrology profession and the lives of people with kidney diseases through improved health care, research, and education.
The American Society of Nephrology will promote diversity, inclusiveness, and equity to enhance the nephrology profession and the lives of people with kidney diseases through improved health care, research, and education.
A diverse and inclusive ASN will foster innovation, creativity, and sensitivity to advance health for all people living with kidney diseases and serve as a model for organizations dedicated to health equity.
The values below serve as guiding principles to effect positive change in ASN, the profession of nephrology and the lives of people with kidney diseases.
- Inclusiveness: Encourage contributions and collaboration among colleagues.
- Mentorship: Improving career opportunities for professionals dedicated to curing kidney diseases.
- Health Equity: Working strategically to eliminate disparities in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of kidney diseases.
- Patient Advocacy: Promoting universal access to quality care for all people living with kidney diseases.
- Engagement: Supporting civic engagement and community service as part of the professional experience
- Video on ASN Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
- Advancing Equity in Nephrology: Enhancing Care for LGBTQ+ Patients and Our Workforce
- Ensuring Gender-Affirming Care in Nephrology
- CKD in Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders
- Network of Minority Health Researcher Investigators (NMRI) Travel Support
- ASN-Harold Amos Medical Faculty Development Program Award
- NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- National Collaborative For Improving the Clinical Environment (NCICLE) Health Care Disparities Resources
- Video Recording of the Training Program Directors' Town Hall: Addressing Racism in Kidney Care and Training
- It Takes a Village: Perspectives from Four Diverse Communities
- LGBTQ 101: A Primer for Providers and Researchers: Dinushika Mohottige, MD, MPH
- Caring for Latinx Patients: Lilia Cervantes, MD
- Providing Optimal Care for African-American Patients: Nwamaka D. Eneanya, MD, MPH, FASN
- Understanding the Experiences of People with Physical Disabilities: Cynthia Delgado, MD
- Rural Nephrology: Obstacles to Care and Solutions
- Telenephrology: Closing the Geography Gap: Sandawana William Majoni, MBChB
- Overcoming Geographic Challenges to Transplantation: Larissa Myaskovsky, PhD
- Growing a Successful Rural Dialysis Program: Susan T. Crowley, MD, FASN
- The Nephrologist Workforce Shortage: Emerging Threats and Solutions: Coral D. Hanevold, MD