Karen L. Campbell, PhD, Travel Support Program for Fellows Application
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
The Karen L. Campbell, PhD, Travel Support Program for Fellows is offered to help nephrology fellows and PhD postdocs attend the ASN Annual Meeting, held October 22-25, 2020, at ASN Kidney Week. Award recipients receive $500, complimentary registration to the Annual Meeting, and the opportunity to mentor medical students, residents, or graduate students through the ASN Kidney STARS Program.
The program is named for former ASN Executive Director, Karen L. Campbell, PhD.
To receive an award, a recipient must:
- Be a current ASN member (Fellow/Trainee Membership Type) as of July 1, 2020.
- Be enrolled in an accredited nephrology fellowship training program or conducting postdoctoral kidney research at the time of Kidney Week 2020.
- Agree to mentor a group of students or residents during ASN Kidney Week (details provided after acceptance).
Fellows are eligible for free ASN membership. For membership information, visit www.asn-online.org/membership/.
To apply, a candidate must:
- Log into the application using an ASN ID.
- Complete the information section of the application, including demographics, training level, etc.
- Complete a 200 word essay.
- Upload a CV.
A CV must be submitted as part of the online application. Applications received without CVs will not be processed.
Deadline: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. EDT
NOTE: Applicants may apply to any and all support opportunities (if eligible); however, only one award will be given per person. All applicants will be notified within six weeks of the application deadline.