Midcareer Awards: Nominations Now Open
Deadlines and Criteria
ASN's Midcareer Awards recognize midcareer clinicians, educators, health professionals, and researchers.
To nominate a candidate, submit one letter of nomination and the nominee's curriculum vitae (CV) to ASN Operations Coordinator Molly Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- ASN can only accept one nomination letter per candidate; however, the letter may have multiple signatories.
- The ASN Strategic Plan establishes the goal to increase diversity - including age, experience, ethnicity, and gender - at all levels of the society, including ASN's awards.
ASN defines midcareer professionals as the following:
- Between 10 and 20 years from completion of nephrology training or
- Persons at the assistant or associate professor level (or equivalent rank in nonacademic institutions) or
- With at least 10 years' experience after completing nephrology training.
- A 12-month extension will be considered per childbirth during the 10 to 20-year timeframe. Women, men, and those who adopt are eligible for the extension. To be considered for an extension, please email email@example.com.
- Active, Corresponding, and Affiliate members are eligible for these awards.
All award recipients will receive the following benefits and have the following expectations:
- Complimentary registration to the Annual Meeting at ASN Kidney Week 2020.
- $1,500 in travel support to attend ASN Kidney Week 2020.
- Receive recognition at ASN Kidney Week 2020.
- Participate in the ASN Kidney STARS Program as a faculty mentor or panelist.
The following awards are now accepting nominations: