ASN Society News - September 10, 2018
KidneyX Innovators Showcase
KidneyX, in its effort to spur innovation in the kidney space while building momentum among the kidney community and public for KidneyX's first prize competition, will hold a pitch-event titled KidneyX Innovators Showcase in coordination with ASN Kidney Week 2018. The event will be held on Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 10:00am – 12:00pm on the Exhibit Hall Floor of the San Diego Convention Center.
Please note that you must be registered for ASN Kidney Week 2018 to participate in or view the pitch competition.
A total of 5 participants or teams will be selected to participate in the event and will be allotted 5 minutes to pitch their ideas for methods or products that may improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of kidney diseases to a group of judges. After pitches judges will have 5 minutes to ask participants questions. There will be no financial compensation for participating in the event, but teams will have the valuable opportunity to refine their solution and pitch based on feedback from judges.Applicants are asked to send an email with "KidneyX Innovators Showcase" in the subject line and a maximum three-page summary that includes the following to KidneyX@asn-online.org to be considered for the event:
- Description of area of interest and how it applies to opportunities the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of kidney diseases,
- Overview of proposed solution (or component technology) and estimated patient impact,
- Vision for solution's development and commercialization,
- Summary of evidence supporting approach,
- Description of business plan including market opportunity and revenue model
- Overview of company including name, description, website, and logo
- Team composition
- Publicly shareable abstract
- Completed event release form, accessible here
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 28.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact KidneyX staff at KidneyX@asn-online.org.