ASN Society News - March 21, 2022
ASN Seeks Nominations for the Annual Election of the ASN Council
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) seeks nominations for the annual election of the ASN Council, the society's governing board. Qualified candidates should have the vision, experience, and expertise to guide the society in creating a world without kidney diseases.
With the change to the society's bylaws in 2016, this year's election is for both an At-Large Councilor and an Executive Councilor.
The At-Large Councilor will serve a single four-year term. After serving as At-Large Councilor, this individual is eligible to run again as an Executive Councilor.
The Executive Councilor will serve a single four-year term. The Executive Councilor will hold the office of:
- Secretary (first year)
- President-Elect (second year)
- President (third year)
- Past President (fourth year)
Any member who serves as Executive Councilor is not eligible to run again as an At-Large Councilor.
Nomination letters and CVs should be emailed to ASN Operations Coordinator Molly Harrison at email@example.com:
- ASN can only accept one nomination letter per candidate, and these letters are limited to 10 total signatories included in the letter (not sent separately).
- ASN will NOT consider nominations submitted in previous years. If you wish to renominate a candidate, please submit a new nomination letter and an updated CV.
- ASN is committed to increasing diversity – including age, experience, race, ethnicity, and gender – at all levels of the society, including the ASN Council.
- Current ASN Councilors and members of the Nominating Committee may not nominate a candidate nor co-sign a letter of nomination.
ASN must receive nominations for the 2022 ASN Council election by Friday, April 22, at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
ASN will send a ballot, including brief biographical data for each candidate, to all active and corresponding members approximately three months prior to ASN Kidney Week 2022. The meeting is scheduled to take place Thursday, November 3, to Sunday, November 6.
The members of the 2022 ASN Nominating Committee are:
- Anupam Agarwal, MD, FASN, Chair
- Tara I. Chang, MD, MS, FASN
- Amit Govil, MD, FASN
- Orlando M. Gutierrez, MD
- Holly J. Kramer, MD, MPH
- Heather N. Reich, MD, PhD
Thank you for your continued support and participation in the council nomination process.