Other Healthcare Organizations
Hot Topics: Vaccines Monoclonal Antibodies COVID-19 Toolkit Webinars Podcasts
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) have published Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Treatment Guidelines. These Treatment Guidelines have been developed to inform clinicians how to care for patients with COVID-19.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) is maintaining a page which posts situation reports, travel advice, and technical guidance, among other information.
- HHS' Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) recommends that facilities contact their local/state health department and local/state healthcare coalition if supplies are running low. Click here for ASPR's regional contact information.
- HHS' Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) has posted Information for transplant programs and OPOs regarding 2019 Novel Coronavirus on its site.
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) presented information on "COVID-19 VA Dialysis Preparedness" on March 11, 2020.
- The Federal Drug Administration (FDA) has developed a page which includes updates, fast facts, and FDA's role. The FDA has also posted a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Supply Chain Update (FDA).
- The Dialysis Patient Citizens (DPC) Education Center has published Kidney Patients and Coronavirus: What Have We Learned? by Alan S. Kliger, MD.
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) has published Guidelines on Infection Prevention in Patients with Suspected or Known COVID-19. The IDSA guideline panel has agreed upon eight recommendations and provided narrative summaries of other interventions undergoing evaluations.
- Evidence-Informed Cloth Masks Recommendations. Developed by a team of academics, physicians, trainees, people who sew, and other volunteers working on identifying published, peer-reviewed literature to inform the choice of materials and designs for cloth masks.
- The National Kidney Foundation has posted the NKF Clinical Digest - COVID 19 which is an ongoing compilation of the latest clinical information regarding COVID-19. The goal is to streamline the search for the current data regarding the implications of COVID-19 for clinicians caring for people with kidney diseases during the pandemic.
- The National Academy of Medicine has posted Duty to Plan: Health Care, Crisis Standards of Care, and Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) has developed a COVID-19 Fact Sheet (APIC) in response to recent events.