Publications Focusing on COVID-19ASN Resources Vaccination CDC Info CMS Updates Other Orgs Publications
Hot Topics: Vaccines COVID-19 Toolkit Webinars Podcasts Telehealth
- Nephrologists are well aware that mitigating the effects of this pandemic depends on research. ASN's peer-reviewed publications - CJASN, JASN and Kidney360 - are honored to provide valid, peer reviewed studies as quickly as possible. This collection of COVID-19 articles is updated with new articles as soon as they are published, and all articles are freely available.
- Kidney360 has published Delivering safe and effective hemodialysis in patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection: a single-center perspective from Italy. In Europe, Italy became the first and so far largest epicenter of the COVID-19 epidemic. It is now clear that many asymptomatic and paucisymptomatic cases went undetected, causing a significant diffusion of the disease.
Open Access Articles/Databases
- Sciendo has set up a free web resource listing all its Coronavirus Open Access articles (Sciendo).
- J Nephrol : Practical indications for the prevention and management of SARS-CoV-2 in ambulatory dialysis patients: lessons from the first phase of the epidemics in Lombardy.
- COVID-19 Working Group of Indian Society of Nephrology : The novel coronavirus 2019 epidemic and kidneys.
- Kidney International : The novel coronavirus 2019 epidemic and kidneys.
- Nephron reports on recent findings on the effects of SARS-CoV-2 infection on kidney diseases, including acute kidney injury, and examine the potential effects of ARBs on the outcomes of patients with COVID-19: Should COVID-19 Concern Nephrologists? Why and to What Extent? The Emerging Impasse of Angiotensin Blockade (Published online: March 23, 2020).
- American Journal of Kidney Diseases : Home Dialysis Training for Fellows: Privilege or Necessity?
- Kidney360 : Early Use of Telehealth in Home Dialysis During the COVID-19 Pandemic in New York City
- Kidney360 : Peritoneal Dialysis for Acute Kidney Injury Treatment in the United States: Brought to you by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- American Journal of Kidney Diseases : Telehealth for Home Dialysis in COVID-19 and Beyond: A Perspective From the American Society of Nephrology COVID-19 Home Dialysis Subcommittee
- Kidney International Reports: Survey of U.S. Living Kidney Donation and Transplant Practices in the COVID-19 Era.
- Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology: Early Outcomes of Outpatient Management of Kidney Transplant Recipients with Coronavirus Disease 2019.
- American Journal of Transplantation: COVID-19 in solid organ transplant recipients: Initial report from the US epicenter.
- American Journal of Transplantation: COVID-19 and Kidney Transplantation: Results from the TANGO International Transplant Consortium Source: American Journal of Transplantation- Accepted Article.
- American Journal of Transplantation: Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes of COVID-19 in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients: A Case- Control Study- Accepted Article.
- Journal of the American Society of Nephrology: Early Description of Coronavirus 2019 Disease in Kidney Transplant Recipients in New York.
- The New England Journal of Medicine: Covid-19 and Kidney Transplantation.
- Nephrol Dial Transplant: Recommendations for the prevention, mitigation and containment of the emerging SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic in haemodialysis centres.
- Medscape- Further Warning on SGLT2 Inhibitor Use and DKA Risk in COVID-19 (This article lives behind a registration wall, but you can sign-up for free).
- Annals of Internal Medicine - Cloth Masks May Prevent Transmission of COVID-19: An Evidence-Based, Risk-Based Approach.
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings - Forgotten Technology in the COVID-19 Pandemic. Filtration Properties of Cloth and Cloth Masks: A Narrative Review
- Kidney International has published The Novel Coronavirus 2019 epidemic and kidneys which examines kidney involvement in COVID-19 infections.
- The New England Journal of Medicine has posted a collection of freely avaialable articles and other resources on the Coronavirus outbreak (NEJM), including clinical reports, management guidelines, and commentary.