Publications Focusing on COVID-19
This page was last updated on May 28, 2020ASN Resources CDC Info CMS Updates Other HC Orgs Publications
Hot Topics: Webinars Podcasts Telehealth ASN Journals
- Nephrologists are well aware that mitigating the effects of this pandemic depends on research. ASN's peer-reviewed publications - CJASN, JASN and Kidney360 - are honored to provide valid, peer reviewed studies as quickly as possible. This collection of COVID-19 articles is updated with new articles as soon as they are published, and all articles are freely available. New Resources
- Kidney360 has published Delivering safe and effective hemodialysis in patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection: a single-center perspective from Italy. In Europe, Italy became the first and so far largest epicenter of the COVID-19 epidemic. It is now clear that many asymptomatic and paucisymptomatic cases went undetected, causing a significant diffusion of the disease.
Open Access Articles/Databases
- Sciendo has set up a free web resource listing all its Coronavirus Open Access articles (Sciendo).
- J Nephrol : Practical indications for the prevention and management of SARS-CoV-2 in ambulatory dialysis patients: lessons from the first phase of the epidemics in Lombardy.
- COVID-19 Working Group of Indian Society of Nephrology : The novel coronavirus 2019 epidemic and kidneys.
- Kidney International : The novel coronavirus 2019 epidemic and kidneys.
- Nephron reports on recent findings on the effects of SARS-CoV-2 infection on kidney diseases, including acute kidney injury, and examine the potential effects of ARBs on the outcomes of patients with COVID-19: Should COVID-19 Concern Nephrologists? Why and to What Extent? The Emerging Impasse of Angiotensin Blockade (Published online: March 23, 2020).
- American Journal of Kidney Disease : Home Dialysis Training for Fellows: Privilege or Necessity? New Resource
- Kidney360 : Early Use of Telehealth in Home Dialysis During the COVID-19 Pandemic in New York City New Resource
- Kidney360 : Peritoneal Dialysis for Acute Kidney Injury Treatment in the United States: Brought to you by the COVID-19 Pandemic New Resource
- Journal of the American Society of Nephrology: Early Description of Coronavirus 2019 Disease in Kidney Transplant Recipients in New York.
- The New England Journal of Medicine: Covid-19 and Kidney Transplantation.
- Nephrol Dial Transplant: Recommendations for the prevention, mitigation and containment of the emerging SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic in haemodialysis centres.
- Kidney International has published The Novel Coronavirus 2019 epidemic and kidneys which examines kidney involvement in COVID-19 infections. (Added March 24, 2020)
- The New England Journal of Medicine has posted a collection of freely avaialable articles and other resources on the Coronavirus outbreak (NEJM), including clinical reports, management guidelines, and commentary.